Thursday 15 August 2013

Into Thin Air

After an exhausting day we arrived in Losar at 6pm. I was finding it increasingly more difficult to breathe by this point and after feasting on fried momo's and noodles I took to my bed early. However, I woke up at 2am unable to catch my breath, I decided to sit up which helped slightly but after a sleepless night of tossing and wheezing I decided to consult Ayo our medic. He decided I would benefit from extra oxygen and hooked me up to a canister for a quick 10 minute blast after which I was feeling much better. And so off we set from Losar to Kibber.. The ride can only be described as unbelievable, the weather was kind and I was enjoying the twisty turns and stunning views of the Himalayas. Remember though, never to take your eyes off the road or you will end up as part of the road, this is potentially hazardous riding conditions and you need 100 percent concentration 100 percent of the time. I've never rode on the surface of the moon (obviously) but I"d imagine the landscape to be kind of like this (well, in my imagination anyway). Thankfully the ride wasn't as difficult as previous days and we all arrived safetly in Kibber before sunset.
Shot of Losar at sunrise

No comments:

Post a Comment