Thursday 15 August 2013

Kibber to Losar to Rothang to Manali in 1 day


"Breakfast is served at 5am", we were told, and I knew this day was going to be a killer! Two boiled eggs, hot chai and Tibetan bread later we set off on the ride to end all rides. Well, to cut a long story short, I didn't make it! About 3 hours into the ride the air was becoming thinner and I was wheezing again, I lost concentration on the Kaza pass, felt the back wheel go from underneath me and I fell to the right side of the bike (luckily it wasn't the left or I would have been over the edge). I smashed my head on the rocks, no soft mud this time, bruised my ribs but not my pride and decided to call it quits for the day. This time I had nothing to prove, I had rode the Rohtang pass successfully and the Jalori too and exhaustion had well and truly set in past the point of no return.

No comments:

Post a Comment